NPI’s approach can be summed up in two words: Easy and Effective.
We have intentionally designed our services, methodology and engagement model to achieve these attributes.
Each client engagement utilizes the appropriate mix of NPI assets:
- Category-specific experts with deep, up-to-the-minute sourcing experience – they have been participating in spend events for IT, telecom, transporation every day for years
- Vendor-specific experts – in most cases hailing from the vendor community; so they have direct knowledge of the vendor, as well as the industry segment and its dynamics; Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, AT&T, UPS, Fedex, and many more
- Functional experts – strategy development, business consulting, project management, analytics, research, vendor management, sourcing, pricing and negotiation
- Account managers who are deeply committed to client satisfaction
- Benchmark data including 10 years of history for trending, plus real-time insight into current market conditions
- Category-specific cost modeling and analysis tools
- Software technology for consolidating a client’s cost data to facilitate analysis, reporting and audit services (used primarily in the Transportation and Telecom categories); and for consolidating IT service-provider information to facilitate resource management and governance
- Proven methodology
NPI consultants and analysts are results-oriented and collaborative, and they excel at conforming our services to each client’s unique needs and business culture.
Clients are amazed when they learn how much they can reduce indirect spend in the categories we serve, and how non-disruptive (easy ) NPI makes the process of discovering and capturing those cost savings (effective ).
They also appreciate our ability to help them drive strategic sourcing process improvements through knowledge transfer, which we proactively provide in our day to day interactions with the client sourcing teams; and through process-specific consulting project work.